January 14, 2024
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Hey there, Method Writers!
It’s been a long time since we’ve been able to host Method Writing classes in person. Some students have only ever taken Method Writing over Zoom, and the era of in-person classes sounds like some magical myth.
Now the age of Zoom certainly has its advantages, and we can’t simply go back to the way things used to be. But I wanted to offer a one-day workshop this upcoming January for those who miss that personal touch, or those who have never experienced Method Writing in the proverbial flesh.
Let’s call this phenomenon – the “One-Shot.”
We won’t be doing anything too fancy – the main purpose of the One-Shot is to enjoy the writing process as a communal activity. We’ll be hosting the One-Shot in the backyard of the Grapes home and ordering pizza as if we were in back in the old offices – if we’re lucky, the Big Grape himself might pop in and say hello.
You can go ahead and bring in whatever you want to bring in – maybe it’s a journal entry, maybe it’s a piece of some larger project you’re working on. Whatever it is, you’ll read it to the group. Then we’ll savor the experience of talking about your work, and how it connects to both Method Writing and writing in general. After that, I’ll give you a quick writing assignment, we’ll take a little time to write on our own (with guidance from yours truly, if necessary), and we’ll close things out by sharing what we wrote.
However! Due to limited physical space, we can only accommodate up to 8 students. So sign up while you can!
The nitty-gritty details:
- When will it happen? The One-Shot will take place on Sunday, January 14th.
- What time? We’ll be starting at 11 AM, and should be done no later than 3 PM.
- Where will it happen? 6684 Colgate Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, 90048. Those who sign up will receive additional instructions re: parking, et c.
- How much does it cost? $75 a person.
- Where do I sign up? Follow the link here to register: https://jackgrapes.com/events/jan-one-shot/
Hope to see you soon!